Former Assistant General Manager of the Minnesota Wild during the 2000 Expansion Draft, current NHL agent/advisor, and author of the book “How To Bake an NHL Franchise From Scratch: The First Era of the Minnesota Wild,” Tom Lynn joins the show. Hosted by Ken Boehlke.
- Tom gives us a quick background of his career.
- The difference between the expansion rules the Wild faced vs. those the Vegas franchise will face.
- How early success can get in the way of the long term plan.
- Tom talks about how incredible of a hire Kelly McCrimmon was for Las Vegas.
- The “He stop hockey!” story, and how it relates to the idea of drafting contracts rather than players at times in the Expansion Draft.
- The massive difference between building a culture in Las Vegas vs. Minnesota.
And much more…
**Thank you very much once again to Tom Lynn for joining the podcast, buy his book now on Amazon.com, believe me, it’s well worth it.**