Update: Chris Casto cleared waivers on September 23rd. He should not have been counted in this list.
The Golden Knights made another round of cuts including sending training camp darling Tyler Wong out of camp to the Chicago Wolves. Others to be cut yesterday were Jake Bischoff, Keegan Kolesar, and two goalies Maxime Lagace and Oscar Dansk.
With just 10 days until the season opens in Dallas the Golden Knights are now left with 34 players in camp to fill out a roster of 23. In numerical order, here’s who remains in camp.
Brayden McNabb (INJ), Clayton Stoner, Deryk Engelland, Colin Miller, Jason Garrison, Griffin Reinhart, Brendan Leipsic (INJ), Jon Merrill, James Neal (INJ), Reilly Smith, Paul Thompson, Cody Eakin, Oscar Lindberg, Stefan Matteau, Shea Theodore, William Carrier, Marc-Andre Fleury, Calvin Pickard, Reid Duke (INJ), Tomas Hyka, Pierre-Edouard Bellemare, Luca Sbisa, Erik Haula, David Perron, Teemu Pulkkinen, T.J. Tynan, William Karlsson, Chris Casto, Brad Hunt, Jonathan Marchessault, Vadim Shipachyov, Nate Schmidt, Alex Tuch, Tomas Nosek
(No transactions have been announced for Mikhail Grabovski or David Clarkson, but neither has skated at City National Arena. Both are expected to be placed on injured reserve to begin the season.)
- We’ve yet to see Neal practice with the team, but he was skating with Leipsic before practice yesterday.
- Duke has been out since the second rookie game in El Segundo and is likely still in Vegas to get the best treatment on his shoulder injury.
- McNabb blocked a shot in the preseason game on Sunday in Anaheim which kept him out of practice yesterday. He is expected to be fine and back in practice tomorrow.
- Yesterday, Thompson, Tynan, and Casto were not on the ice at practice and are not in the roster tonight, transactions have yet to be announced.
- If you take out the three who were missing yesterday plus Duke. That leaves us with 30 players.
- Leipsic is expected to be healthy enough to play in the final preseason game or two so he’s certainly still in the running for a spot. Neal, on the other hand, is a bit more of a question mark. If he can’t go, we’re down to 29.
- Without Neal, the breakdown is 16 forwards, 11 defensemen, and two goalies. The team is expected to keep 13 forwards, eight defensemen, and two goalies.
- Check out our projected 23 man roster here.