The Vegas Golden Knights Practice Facility in Downtown Summerlin just across from Red Rock Casino is set to open in the middle of August. Senior VP and facility project manager Murray Craven took me through the site on February 23rd. Here are all of the pictures.
- The facility is likely to begin with a soft open so training camp can be housed in Summerlin.
- The second floor restaurant could take a little while longer to be open.
- Both sheets of ice are expected to be usable by members of the community by early to mid September.
- Naming rights are in the process of negotiation.
- Both sheets of ice are NHL regulation size (200 ft x 85 ft)
- The entire project is about 120,000 square feet and will cost approximately $25-30 million.
Any word on jobs at the facility?
Haven’t heard anything on that one yet. All I know is they were hiring a manager.
Good to see the locker room is already completed well ahead of schedule.
Wouldn’t this be a great place to show up for work each day? So pleased that the city (and league) will have a dynamic, first-class facility — for the team, it’s staff, and the community as well.