Prior to every season, the NHL publishes a list of all the players approaching milestone achievements in their careers. A special award is given to any player that eclipses 1,000 games (500 for goalies), 400 goals, 600 assists, 1,000 points, or 40 shutouts. This year, just one member of the Stanley Cup champions is on the list.
Alex Pietrangelo is 48 games away from reaching 1,000 games in his NHL career. The two-time Cup-winning defenseman played 758 games with the St. Louis Blues before joining the Golden Knights in October 2020. If the league counted playoff games, Pietrangelo would have already eclipsed the mark, but his 132 games do not qualify for the 1,000-game award.
There are a few Golden Knights who can reach impressive plateaus this season.
- Jonathan Marchessault (432 GP), William Karlsson (432 GP), and Brayden McNabb (420 GP) can all reach 500 games played with the Golden Knights.
- Theodore (397) and Carrier (333) can reach 400, Stephenson (252), Hague (221), Stone (218) can reach 300.
- William Karlsson (122) needs two goals to tie Reilly Smith (124) for second place all time, behind Jonathan Marchessault (150).
- Mark Stone (73) needs 27 goals to become the fourth player to score 100 with the franchise.
- Jonathan Marchessault (198), Shea Theodore (186), and William Karlsson (185) can all reach 200 assists for the Golden Knights.
- The first to do it will be the first in franchise history.
- William Carrier (47), Jack Eichel (41), and Nic Roy (40) all can reach 50 goals with the Golden Knights.
- Eight players have previously reached 50. (Marchessault, Smith, Karlsson, Pacioretty, Stone, Tuch, Theodore, Stephenson)
- Alex Pietrangelo (90) can reach 100 assists.
- Six players have reached 100 with Vegas. (Marchessault, Theodore, Karlsson, Smith, Stone, Stephenson)
- Shea Theodore (247) and Mark Stone (203) can reach 300 points with the Golden Knights.
- Only Marchessault and Karlsson have reached this plateau.
- William Karlsson needs to record +3 to become first Golden Knight to reach a rating of +100.
- McNabb (+75), Marchessault (+68), Martinez (+67), Theodore (+63), and Stone (+63) all could reach the plateau as well.
- Brayden McNabb (901) can reach 1,000 blocks.
- McNabb is the franchise leader by 389 blocks over Martinez (512).
- Jonathan Marchessault (27) can reach 30 game-winning goals.
- Karlsson (18), Stephenson (16), Stone (14) can reach 20.
- Jonathan Marchessault (88), William Karlsson (88), Shea Theodore (87), Brayden McNabb (81) can all reach 100 playoff games.
- Pietrangelo (40), Kolesar (39), Hague (32) can all reach 50.
- Jonathan Marchessault (71) can reach 100 playoff points.
- Stephenson (31) can become the sixth player to reach 50 (Marchessault, Smith, Karlsson, Stone, Theodore).