With their third straight loss and tenth loss in their last 13 games, Vegas fans are scurrying for answers. Sure, the Golden Knights have four OT losses in that span but overall it’s been some disappointing hockey.
What is it that bothers fans most? We asked them last night during our Facebook game thread. There were many answers, but here are a handful I found best measures the true temperature of the Golden Knights fanbase.
1. Defensive play. 2. Inconsistent scoring. 3. Lack of desire at times
There is no finish, instead we take dumb penalties and give up soft goals.
They make every other team’s goalie look like a wizard.
1. Scoring is inconsistent. 2. Defense needs help. 3. Top 6 tends to disappear
No cohesive play, no urgency and let’s face it… Subban is a liability.
As you can see, inconsistency on offense and defensive inefficiency is a common theme among fans. Urgency, or lack thereof, was a noun many fans used to describe their favorite club.
Here are a couple more in-depth comments from Facebook.
1. Season #1 spoiled us. 2. Defense seems like hot garbage no matter who is in net. 3. General inconsistency/lack of confidence. Not usually an armchair coach but that’s what I got.
1. They look defeated attitude-wise when giving up the 1st goal. Year 1 it was like “No big deal, we’ll get it back.”
2. This entire season when clanging a post, they are like “oh well no puck luck tonite…move on to the next game.”
3. Our blue liners are ALL mediocre…Nate included. Can we try to get a shot through from the point??!!
Bonus: Shea thinks he is a forward. Take care of your own end before trying to dazzle with your attacking dangles! Maybe bump him up to the 3rd line?? Couldn’t hurt!
One of the best elements to the game of hockey is everyone sees the game differently. However, the one thing the vocal fanbase or the silent majority can recognize is below average hockey. At the moment, that’s how the Golden Knights are playing.