The NHL Trade Deadline is at Noon Pacific time today. The Golden Knights have already been active making two moves in the leadup, and they certainly may be in the mix for at least one more today.
This article will be dedicated to all pertinent news surrounding the Golden Knights and this year’s deadline. It will be updated throughout the day.
- Golden Knights have acquired goalie Robin Lehner from Chicago. (Source: @DarrenDreger)
- Reports indicate the Golden Knights have given up and 2nd round pick and a prospect. (Source: @reporterchris)
- Malcolm Subban, Slava Demin, a 2nd and a 5th for Lehner and prospect Martins Dzierkals is the final deal. (Source: Golden Knights)
- Vegas has acquired Nick Cousins from the Montreal Canadiens (Source: @FriedgeHNIC)
- Nick Holden has re-signed with the Golden Knights. It’s a 2 year deal at $1.7M AAV. (Source: Golden Knights)
- On Wednesday, Feb. 19, the Golden Knights acquired Alec Martinez for a pair of 2nd round picks. (Source: SinBin.vegas)
- Vegas traded Cody Eakin for a conditional 4th round pick to Winnipeg on Saturday. (Source: SinBin.vegas)
- The Golden Knights will receive a 3rd round pick if the Jets make the playoffs OR re-sign Eakin
- The Athletic reported the Golden Knights have interest in defenseman Erik Gustafsson (Source: Jesse Granger, The Athletic)
- The Flames have acquired Gustafsson. (Source: @EricFrancis)
- Sportsnet’s Chris Johnston refuted the Golden Knights being in on Gustafsson but said they do have interest in Toronto’s Tyson Barrie (Source: @BrianBlessing)
- The Creator mentioned “secondary moves”, plural, in his recent interview on Vegas Hockey Hotline. They’ve made one since that interview. (Source: Vegas Hockey Hotline)
- Former Golden Knight Erik Haula was traded to the Florida Panthers with Lucas Wallmark in exchange for Vincent Trochek. (Source: @frank_seravalli)
- This trade triggers the condition on the 2021 Conditional 5th Round Pick the Golden Knights acquired from the Hurricanes in the Vegas/Carolina trade. Vegas will get the Canes 5th in the 2021 Draft. (Source: @PierreVLeBrun)
- The Golden Knights next opponent, the Edmonton Oilers, have acquired Andreas Athanasiou from Detroit. (Source: @GMillerTSN)
- GM Kelly McCrimmon will hold a press conference at 3:30 PM today whether the Golden Knights make a move or not. (Source: Golden Knights)
Haula traded again? Solid guy, great player. It would be nice to get him back, when healthy, a great player !!
Weird that England has been healthy scratch lately with no real mention of his potential movement. With on and off talks of a Gustafsson as the lead candidate to come to the knights, Gustafsson would be a potential replacement for England. I’m guessing Gustaffson for England and future 3rd or 4th round pick. Curious to your thoughts on it.
No way Engelland gets traded, he isn’t worth anything and he’s big in the organization. He’ll retire at the end of the season and take a job somewhere with the Knights organization. Thought it was gonna happen last year but I’d be shocked if it didn’t happen this year.
If you read anything about gustafsson it doesn’t seem to me the knights need or could use him. By the sounds of things he is more of a liability than an asset. We don’t need another problem. It would have been nice to get hauls back.
Krieder just re-signed with the Rangers. He is staying in NY
8:40am: Gallant makes his picks
Former Vegas Golden Knights head coach Gerard Gallant made his top five Stanley Cup contender predictions on TradeCentre.
In order: Washington, Tampa Bay, St. Louis, Boston, Vegas.
VGK rivals……Edm added Athanisiou from Det and Ennis from Ott…more speed
Calgary just added Dman Derek Forbort from LA…and now Gustafsson from Chi too
will Knights keep pace with Pacific rivals??
VGK need to add a defensive PK forward. I suggested Jesper Fast of NYR 3 days ago. we will see, with less than an hour to go
KNIGHTS GET ROBIN LEHNER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Robin Lehner to VGK announced. No additional details. Looks like Subban is done, unless he’s going the other way.
Now they have a decent backup goaltender, for the first time in team history
2nd round pick and a prospect for Lehner