Last year we popularized the term “Points To Elimination” to show how close the Golden Knights were to clinching their division as the season wrapped up.
This year, we decided, why wait until February to start counting towards a playoff berth, let’s just do it now… after a win.
So, Points To Elimination is back. It’s on the sidebar of the site at all times on desktop and it’s all the way at the bottom of every page on SinBin.vegas on mobile.
Remember, here’s what it takes for the Golden Knights…
- To clinch the playoffs
- Vegas must have eliminated either five teams in the Pacific Division OR seven teams in the Western Conference.
- To clinch the Pacific Division
- Vegas must have eliminated all seven Pacific Division teams.
- To clinch the Western Conference
- Vegas must have eliminated all 14 Western Conference teams.
Here are the updated numbers as of right now, this page will not be updated daily, but the sidebar and bottom banner will be.
Points to Elimination
Arizona Coyotes – 159
Calgary Flames – 161
San Jose Sharks – 161
Edmonton Oilers – 161
Los Angeles Kings – 162
Vancouver Canucks – 163
Anaheim Ducks – 163
St. Louis Blues – 160
Minnesota Wild – 161
Winnipeg Jets – 161
Colorado Avalanche – 163
Dallas Stars – 163
Chicago Blackhawks – 163
Nashville Predators – 163
What does the “points to elimination” number mean?