The Vegas Golden Knights Practice Facility in Downtown Summerlin just across from Red Rock Casino is set to open in the middle of August. Senior VP and facility project manager Murray Craven took me through the site on February 23rd. Here are all of the pictures.
- The facility is likely to begin with a soft open so training camp can be housed in Summerlin.
- The second floor restaurant could take a little while longer to be open.
- Both sheets of ice are expected to be usable by members of the community by early to mid September.
- Naming rights are in the process of negotiation.
- Both sheets of ice are NHL regulation size (200 ft x 85 ft)
- The entire project is about 120,000 square feet and will cost approximately $25-30 million.