Game 6 is tonight and the Golden Knights are one win away from the Western Conference finals. Kind of chilling, isn’t it? History shows Game 5 was a whopper of a win for the Golden Knights.
In league history, 267 series have been in scenarios where the higher seeds have a 3-2 series lead.
- Game 5 winner has a 79% chance of winning that series.
- Game 5 winner on home ice has 81% chance of winning series
- Teams trying to close out series in Game 6 are 102-61 (.623)
- Visiting team up 3-2 has 53% chance of winning Game 6
- Home teams hosting Game 7 have a 58% series edge
We talked about the importance of winning odd-numbered games. Vegas did their job winning games 1, 3, and 5. Odd games give the winning team control allowing them a chance to take over a series with another win. The Golden Knights faltered in their first two chances, but they have a third tonight.
- Teams that win Game 1 win the series 69.9% of the time
- Home teams that win Game 1 win the series 76.7% of the time
- Teams that win Game 3 win the series 65.0% of the time
- Away teams that win Game 3 win 71.6% of the time
Oh, and if you were worried about Game 6 going to an overtime period, don’t be. Home teams are 36-45 in sudden death.
We’re no good at prognosticating, but stats say, Nighty Knight San Jose.