- Vadim Shipachyov had a presence when he hit the ice on Tuesday. The smooth skating Russian showed off his crisp passing ability. He made multiple corner passes from the offensive-zone, that would make any forward lick their chops.
- Clayton Stoner came to play. The other, bearded defenseman looked mean and physical when he checked pursuing forward Brendan Leipsic to the ice.
- All week, Cody Eakin and Reilly Smith seemed to connect well. Possibly, setting up as future line-mates.
- Four of the six listed VGK centers were on the ice this week; Shipachyov, Eakin, William Karlsson and Oscar Lindberg. Jonathan Marchessault and Tomas Nosek were the only two listed centers that didn’t check in early.
- Forwards Pierre-Edouard Bellemare, William Carrier, Erik Haula, James Neal and David Perron were the only missing point-collectors. I use the word ‘missing’ lightly. These guys, weren’t really missing. This week was voluntary, they just plan on showing up on time.
- Defensively, only Griffin Reinhart, Luca Sbisa and Nate Schmidt were absent this week. Schmidt’s ankle injury may have kept him from attending. Sorta surprising, Reinhart and Sbisa didn’t show up early. Jon Merrill, took the ice this week, eager for the opportunity with Vegas.
Excited. Fresh start for me, new organization, a lot of new teammates and coaching staff. A lot to prove too myself. Fifth-year in this league, it’s time to step up or, you know, step to the side. -Jon Merrill, Golden Knights Defenseman
**Friend of the site, Brandon Andreasen, was at practice on Wednesday and took a ton of high-res photos. Check out his gallery.**